Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 1 September 2012

First attempt at making cake pops!


So, this is my first attempt at making cake pops!


First I baked a cake using:
200g butter
200g sugar
200g flour
2 eggs


1. Allow the cake to cool
2.  Put the cake in a large mixing bowl
3. Use your hands to crumble the cake
4. Add 2 tablespoons of butter-cream frosting to the crumbled cake
5. Using your hands or a spoon, mix the butter-cream frosting through the cake
6. Once your cake mix has all came together, roll the mixture into small balls using the palms of your hands.
7. As this was my first time at making cake pops i only mixed a small amount of the mixture to make 6 balls
8. Next I melted a bar of white chocolate in the microwave and stirred it thoroughly until it was smooth.
9. Take one of your sticks and dip it into the melted chocolate. Stick then into the centre of your cake  balls.
10. This will act as glue and keep the cake ball attached to the stick. Do the same with the rest of the sticks.
11. Now leave your cake balls to harden. I have used saucers to keep them upright.
12. using the rest of your melted chocolate you are now ready to coat the cake balls.
13. As this was my first go I found it quite hard to evenly coat the cake balls with chocolate!
14. Place the cake pop in the chocolate at a sideways angle. Using a spoon spread the chocolate all around
15. You should try and do this quickly as the chocolate hardens as you go!
16. Once you have coated the cake ball tap the stick on the side of the bowl. This gets rid of excess chocolate.
17. Now you are ready to decorate your cake pops. I have used a pot and filled it with rice so that the cake pops could stand upright, you can also use polystyrene to do this.
18. I have used a selection if chocolate sprinkles to decorate my cake pops.





So here are my finished cake pops. Not too bad for my first attempt! 
What do you think? :) 

I have recently bought some Pink candy melts so I am going to make some more very soon! So keep a look out for that! 




No comments:

Post a Comment