Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 23 August 2012

First attempt at a sweet tree!

Bucket - Hobbycraft £2.99
Polystyrene Ball - Hobbycraft £1.99
Wooden Dowel - B&Q 78p

First i filled my bucket with rice so the wooden dowel would stay in place.
Then i used some glue to attach the ball to the dowel. I then waited for this to dry before adding my sweets.

I used cocktail sticks to stick the marshmallows to the polystyrene ball. I tried placing them as closely together to prevent gaps.



I only bought 1 bag of marshmallows so unfortunately i ran out but for my first attempt and for as I was only testing it out I think this looks quite good!

I wrapped white ribbon around the dowel to see how much I would need to cover the whole dowel.


I am going to have a go at making a few more of these sweet trees using dolly mix, lollies, liquorice all-sorts, bon bons and ferrero rochers.





No comments:

Post a Comment